Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jakarta-Bandung-Cirebon

Travelling liberates the mind

20th-24th May 2015: 5-Day 4-Night, Jakarta-Bandung-Cirebon


I am always the happiest when I went travelling. It's such a liberating experience, it opens up our mind to many things that it sometimes challenging our norm. Most of the times, we are no longer in our comfort zones. I like! Like! Like!

My recent trip to our neighbouring country, Indonesia is not without challenges. However, it was fun and worth every pain. I love it! Love it! Love it!

Travelling with sisters and friends whom you can trust is the best! I am grateful for every little thing and lessons along the way. The precious moments shared and created were priceless. I am glad to have shared it with my loved ones. 

Exploring my talents and endurance of a harsh existance
This trip that I embarked on was not a vacation per se. It's more like a business trip for my other talent, that is sewing and designing cloths. Yes I am a Jake of all trade master of none. I went there to buy sewing and clothing supplies. I went there together with a bunch of like-minded people who have the same passion and talent. We've been in the business for almost all our lives; some of us on a full time basis and some, on a part time basis, such as me. I went to Indonesia to learn my trade. At the same time I want to enjoy my trip as a tourist too. 

Haven't finish reading this. Sigh... 
Our trip started in Jakarta where we bought supplies in Tanah Abang, a very famous wholesale mall and continued to Bandung with hired private vehicle. In Bandung we went to another famous wholesale mall, i.e. Pasar Baru. We went to Rumah Mode, one the many factory outlet that sells branded clothings for our personal Hari Raya needs. We also went to Kartika Sari, a famous bakery that sells many mouth watering Indonesian delicacies. I just can't have enough of its 'Pisang Salai Cheese' (smoked cheese banana) and its Prune Layered Cake. Simply Yummy! 

Our final business trip stop was in Cirebon via an express train where we went to a local trade market not known to many foreigners. It was a very huge market that starts from 10pm and ends at around 12 noon the next day. 

So this is just a teaser. I will be putting lots of photos and details in my next posting. Stay tuned, folks :)  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving a reply at my blog. Had intended to start blogging again but apparently, as seen from the last post's date, 6 weeks have gone by. It's good that you are still blogging fairly regularly, not being too concerned about whether most people have moved to Facebook or wherever. That shows the hallmarks of a genuine writer.

    The organisation of content and comments is much better at blogs than Facebook. Sometimes, I feel it's rather wasteful to write at Facebook - and my updates and comments tend to be long. After just a day, they'd disappear from the timelines when newer updates are posted. While it's true that one can scroll down the timeline, most people won't. They'd just look at what appears on their immediate screens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah! So cepat you reply. Thank you so much. So you do set the notification on your mobile, I guess. Great!

      I agree with what you said about the organisation of content and comments in FB. I found out somewhere that FB had put certain limitation to our posting which can only be seen by a certain number in a day. This is to persuade people who sell stuffs to buy ads. So every posting might be seen by certain people today, and the rest probably will see it a day later.

      I abandoned my blog for the whole year of 2014. Only starting back in May 2015 due to unsatisfactory changes in FB.

      Well, am looking forward to your next posting. So much going on in our beloved country lately. Would be great to hear something from your perspective. I am sure many are awaiting for your next masterpiece.

      Take care :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...