Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Bird Connection 2

A tekukur tanah with its chicks
Didn't I write before about my bird connection? Yeah, I think a lot of times, isn't it :)

I used to have a bird pet named Lucky Dog cause it fell from a tree on the day of Chinese New Year and it was the year of a Dog. It brought me good luck, so the name goes. I also wrote about relationship of a bird. Some birds mate for a lifetime. Unlike human being who seldom faithful nor content with just one partner. This is said with real life experiences. Here is the posting :) 

My posting about Bird Connection is here. Please don't get bored. Hehehe...

Other postings about bird.  You may find all these posting interlinked with one another because it's all about great creatures of the sky. I love them!

I saved a few birds in my life. They came to me naturally in my surroundings. Even while I was working in the office. Gosh! Amazing, isn't it! Here is the posting :)

Hang on... last but not least, my favourite all time literature also metaphorically named after a bird, i.e. To Kill a Mocking Bird. An amazing masterpiece by Harper Lee. Marvellous. Highly recommended for everyone to read and learn a few good things in life.  
Two chicks makes me happy!

Many people doubted my special connection with birds. These little creatures are meant to be in my life forever and ever. See it for yourselves. Birds nested on my hanging pots always. And I meant it literally, always. For the past three non-stop years, that is for my latest abode.

Some people do questioned why. Why would a bird nests near my abode or came near me. Well... I can't really answer that. I myself can't really explain why.

The photos here are of Terkukur Tanah. Its a type of pigeon. It is a smaller version of 'Spotted Dove'. They usually play and find food on the ground. Rarely they fly very high from the ground except for this one, it flew all the way to the 5th floor of my apartment.

Everytime these birds nested, everytime I had to revive the plants or change it to a new one. However, I don't really mind. Not a lost at all. It's all about gaining the trust and love of my birds.

I am not a superstitious type. However I believe I have a special connection with this creature. My life's journey often involved them as a companion. I feel blessed. I might not get the love I truly yearn from human being. God compensated it with the love of animals. To earn love and trust from animals are truly a big deal to me.

Thank you buddy :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, wow, love this posting! And the Chinese believe a bird flying into your house or nesting on the roof, fall into your feet, like yours, it brings good luck. Your bird looks like a Morning Dove....we have it here, but as its almost winter now, it has gone fly away to hibernate.
    In Spring we'll hear it cooing everywhere.
    Love the pics here you took. Well taken too, and love the way you write. Good for you, Liz.
    You have a nice day, simpan satu lagu dalam hati.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lee,

      I am sorry for not replying to you earlier. I promise will email you privately soon. Just to inform that the birds I photographed above all has flown away. So fast in less than a week, the babies learned to fly out of the nest.

      Soon there will be a new batch.

      Delete
  2. Hi again Liz...would love have email contact with you as always keen to know more about where you live.
    Up to you, if you like, can give me your email address at my pondok...I will note it, but will not publish it.
    Hope hear from you.
    Have a nice day.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...