Sunday, December 30, 2012

Land of Cik Siti Wan Kembang

Famous Kelantanese delicacy, Nasi Kerabu
2012 has almost come to a close and I find myself racing to post more stories which I have been procrastinating lately. Reason being, I was too busy or too caught up with numerous hobbies.

Yes, I went to Kelantan, the land of Cik Siti Wan Kembang. I wrote about the history before in my posting. Just click on the link. 

This time, I went with my good friend Pava as he was conducting one of his team building event at the state. We had our event at the Villa Danialla Beach Resort, a very tastefully decorated resort located in Tok Bali, Bachock, Kelantan. Surprisingly the resort was so beautiful, it took my breath away. May be I shall write about it in another posting.  

In this posting I just want to write about my craving for Nasi Kerabu and my trip to Pasar Besar Siti Kadijah. 

Ground Floor - The Wet Market
The Big Market of Pasar Besar Siti Kadijah
So we went to Kelantan via flight. It took us only about an hour from KL to Kelantan via flight in comparison with the unconventional method via driving a car, it took about 5-8 hours. So we saved a lot of time and energy. By the time we reached the airport, we rented a car to mobilise ourselves. The drive from airport to the resort took us about 45 minutes. 

The last day before we went back to KL, I urged the team to visit Koto Bharu, the capital of Kelantan State. I wanted to visit Pasar Besar Siti Kadijah to buy batik caftan dress for my sister. I promised them the dress. The journey from Tok Bali to Kota Bharu took us about 45 minutes. We do not know the way being non-native but thanks to the GPS, we found our destination.

Yours truly from the 2nd floor.
I managed to buy the batik caftan as promised for everyone with a reasonable price. This is also contributed by the fact that we went to the market early at the time the shops were just opening. I was excited since we left the resort because I knew I could bargain a good price for just about anything. It is believed among the traders there that first customer whom visited the store is important to 'pecah telur'. It means to break the egg. They believed that if they could sell it to the first customer who enters, they will get a continuous sale throughout the day. 

3rd floor  is for the dry stuffs.
Do not leave the market without buying some kepopok
Happy with my batik caftans, we went into the market to buy some other stuffs. I bought some keropok too. Keropok ikan tamban is my choice because it was made from ikan tamban, my favourite fish when it's fried. Nyum nyum.

Just before we go off to the airport, we went looking for Nasi Kerabu as what have been decided at the beginning of our trip to Kelantan. We promised ourselves, never to leave Kelantan without having one. And we got one! 

In Kelantan itself, the taste was out of this world. I ate every single grain of rice. Not even one left on my plate. That good it was! 

Satiated with all that we have desired, we reached Kuala Lumpur safely with a happy heart. Nice trip to be remembered :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...