Monday, April 23, 2012

Life is full of surprises

I googled this photo and this the closest
to the little girl who smiled at me.  
Life is full of surprises. I had a pretty bad day earlier in the morning.

During my lunchtime, I went home to pick up something I left for my work. On my way to the lift, there was this Indian child with her mother. I walked beside them I wanted to go to my apartment as soon as possible to beat the time. While waiting for the lift, the child looked up at me with curiosity written all over her face. I wondered what she was thinking. She showed so much interest and fascination. She didn't bother to look away when I looked back at her. Then she did the most unexpected thing; she waved her little palm at me as if saying hi. She was smiling brightly like a little sunshine brightened up my day.

I couldn't help but smiled back. Then the lift door opened, we all went inside. Surprisingly they were going to the same floor. And that little girl was still looking at me. I tried to avoid making an eye contact. But it's very hard in the small lift. So I smiled at her again. She did another amazing thing. She came towards me, grabbed my hand as if pulling me towards her. I was a bit taken by her surprising act. I hold her hand softly then I said hi... how are you babe? The little girl could not be more than 2 years old. She was looking so adorable with her brimming smile. She waved at me again, and she said hi back. The mother was getting embarrassed, she pulled her away from me with an apology. But it was okay. The lift door opened and they went out first to the end of the opposite corridor from my apartment. That was it.

I said to myself... God wants me to know that I am loved no matter what, it's going to be okay. I said my thanks. Thank you God. I noted that.

Then on my way back to the office, another amazing thing happened. I was lost in my thoughts. I heard someone honking, so I looked to my side. A driver in a SUV with a passenger was showing his thumb up to me. As if saying, 'Is everything ok, Miss? I was spontaneously showed my thumb-up back to him, as if saying 'I am good, no worries'. The driver honked me again before overtaking. Smiling together with the passenger at the side. God knows what they were thinking.

Okay, God wants me to know that I am not alone no matter what, someone will always care for me. I see God's grace through perfect strangers. God sent me the message. What a blessing. I said my thanks to Allah. Thank you for showing me all the signs.

What a day. I will never forget the event before I met the little girl. One thing I know for sure is that I am going to be okay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...