Friday, April 20, 2012

Hunger Hurts

Something came to me today, a realisation that simple things of gratitude heals your soul in many ways. I came to realise today that not everyone in this world is fortunate to live like me. When I listed down all my gratitudes, I realised, how endless it was. In comparison with other less fortunate people of the world, I feel ashamed of myself. We constantly asked for more thinking we never had enough. This time, I wanted to immediately share my thoughts here, before this feelings left me.

Lately I tend to eat a lot. More than I should. My hectic schedule makes me hungry often than not. Sometimes, I ate in my car rushing to the office. By the time I reached my destination, it's work work work, almost non-stop. My friends from time to time reminded me of my time management and my weight. I need to make time for other stuffs in life such as proper exercise and quality time with family. I know... I know... 

It's TGIF today. The lunch break is longer than usual. So I went to see my sisters at their respective working place. I asked my little sister, let's go for lunch. She was having an oatmeal drink. She said, she's on diet. I said; 'What died? Let's go eat'. She hesitated for awhile then said, 'No lah I am dieting on my pocket'. I realised my adorable little sister was talking about money. My heart immediately touched. I said, put down that nonsense drink. Let's have proper lunch. She jumped immediately and off we went lunching together. 

Friday is always my most favourite day because of its long lunch break. I get to see all my sisters. We will have lunch together most of the times and catch up with one another. My tight schedule and various interest in life makes it hard for me to spend time with my own family even on weekends. Ever since my Mom passed away, I hardly go back home. It's just too uncomfortable and sad still. I prefer to not be reminded of the pain.

Back to the eat thingy, I realised that not everyone has enough money to eat all the time. Even a-well-to-do people are short sometimes that they had to limit themselves to certain things in life. But worst to the not-well-to-do people of the world. The impoverished people of the world like in Africa. It makes me sad to think about my sister skipping her lunch to save money. It's even worst to think about African children who looked like living skeleton not eating for many days. I almost feel like crying having these visual in my head. 

I wanted to post some of the pictures that shows these impoverished children of the world. How it hurts to not being able to eat regularly. It hurts just to see. How it hurts to experience such thing called hunger. I will pray and do my best to contribute towards a hunger free world. I hope all my readers out there, please reach out to your neighbours, see if they have enough, help if they are not. Lend your hand to the needy, search in the web of any organisations that you could lend a hand or material to help to ease their burden.

Never waste your food unnecessarily. It's a sin! Remember those who have nothing to eat. The amount of food that we wasted can feed the poor. So eat less. Save the money to give to the poor. 

Just my thoughts and advice to myself. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...