Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Deepavali Nal Valthukal

Siddharth Narayan in 180 movie (2011)
Priya Anand in 180 movie (2011)
 Today is Deepavali Day for the Hindus all over the world celebrating the triumph of good over evil. There's a lot of symbolism in celebrating Deepavali Day but only the Hindus will be able to correctly share it with you all, not yours truly. 

Lights brighten the darkness, bring up happiness and twinkle into children's eyes. Simple and it's a reason enough to call for a celebration. YEAY!

Every year I had the honour to share this joyous celebration with my Hindu Friends. They will invite me to their house for lunch. I love Indian food especially the Mutton Kurma/Curry with Tomato/Briyani Rice. I just love it! YUMMY! 
Being Malaysian, we are proud with our Open House concept. Whenever there is a Deepavali, a Chinese New Year or a Hari Raya, we will share it with everyone in regardless. A supposedly a day celebration turns out to be a month long celebration for all. Everyone is literally invited. You just go to the houses and enjoy the meal and get to know new people. They say, be open a bit. Go to Open Houses. LET'S GO!

I love Tamil Movies nowadays more than I love Hindi Movies. Although both are from India, I prefer the Tamil stream. In the 90s, the Malays were crazy about Hindi Movies and myself included. I reached the peak of my craziness over Hindi Movies during Shah Rukh Khan's era. It started with 'Dil To Pagal He' then 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hei'. Then I followed every single movie acted by Shah Rukh Khan until the early years of 2000. After sometime, it became very boring to me, so I hardly follow the industry. 

Vijay and Asin in Sivakasi (2005)
Most Malays love Hindi Movies because of the beautiful and handsome actors in it. They are like a perfection and the ultimate beauty a human being can be. Nevertheless in comparison, Tamil Movies, had a better plot, much to be appreciated for compared to the Hindi's. Unfortunately they were being pushed aside because they lacked the glamour and the good looks that people fantasised. These are the obvious reasons why Tamil movies were not watched as much as Hindi movies in the 90s. Films are our main detraction and escapism from the real life, plump looking actresses dancing with not so gorgeous looking heroes are definitely not a good idea to attract international audience. But still, one exception to the rules was Rajinikhan. I LOVE HIM THEN AND NOW!

The first Tamil Movie that really got me hooked was Padayappa (1999 movie). What a touching story and a great plot. I saluted Rajni Khan and he became my favourite new hero. I was blown away with his acting in Chandramurkhi (2005). Everyone should watch this superb movie. You will not get disappointed. I watched Jeans (1998) although a bit late to find it out but not disappointing. Surprisingly because Aishwarya Rai was in it. LOL!
Rajni Khan in Padayappa (1999)

Hindi Movies are becoming boring obviously with endless typical love stories. They ran out of ideas. However, Tamil Movies have becoming better each day with rare story line. The plot will have rich cultural learning and socio-political issues weaved so gently into the film. I just love it. It's like watching a documentary of Indian cultural and historical background. You could learn so much from just watching one movie. I LOIKE IT!

Tamil Movies have come to a new phase. Hindi Movie Industry (Bollywood) is now being replaced by Tamil Movie Industry (Kollywood). The once not so attractive actors/actresses have now been replaced by the hot looking, drop dead gorgeous heros/heroins. You can see it  yourselves. Beginners with Tamil Movies might get a surprise that they will not be able to differentiate whether it's a Hindi or a Tamil movie. They even had great songs that the global audience can appreciate. And watch closely, you might recognised places in the movies because Malaysia is their favourite shooting country too. KOLLYWOOD is GLOBAL!

I had great fun as always during Deepavali Holiday. Here, I would like to wish all of you Hindus out there who stumbled upon this posting; A very Happy Diwali, Deepavali Nal Valthukal. May the spirit of light illuminates our heart and life with happiness and love forever and ever. MWAH! MWAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...