Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dracaena cinnabari


dracaena cinnabari, originally uploaded by jan_vandorpe.
Just a quick one to share with all of you in my blog. I have stumbled into this magnificent photo of nature I've ever seen in my life. This tree is in the family of dracaena. However, I've never seen any dracaena that is as big and as old as this one!

Truly amazing! Again, the wonder of God's creation can be seen here. Because of this picture I found via googling the dracaena for my landscaping project, I inquired more about its native. It's from a place I never knew existed called Socotra. Read it for yourself.   This place will be in my list of places to be visited before I die (:

Note: Photo by Jan Vandorpe. From his flickr page.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, for a moment I thought was mushrooms, giant ones.
    Holy Smoke! First time I see these!
    They're really very interesting and unusual.
    Yes, I too would love see them one day.
    But not before I die, ha ha ha.
    Thats for Rome, Italy, ha ha ha.

    You have a nice day, keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uncle Lee,

    Oooh, Rome, Italy for a romantic heart like yours (:

    I'd love to go to Italy too but the first place would be the historical city of Pompeii. Want to see the remaining proof of Mount Vesuvius eruption. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz, how you doin'? Enjoying the holidays?
    Have fun and keep well. Lee.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...