Thursday, July 23, 2009

Romancing the Rainforest of the Past and Present

This posting is rather late. I know. But I want to write it anyway.

I went to the recent 12th Rainforest World Music Festival 2009 which has been held from 10th- 13th July 2009 in Sarawak Cultural Village, Santubong, Borneo Sarawak. It has been a very unique experience, I wound say (:

Before we move on further on the festival, I would like to reminisce my earlier visit to Sarawak in Year 2005. I went for a leisure vacation to Kuching with a dear friend. We had a great time in the Cultural Village. We enjoyed the cultural performance which to our opinion was of an international standard. It was a three-day brief visit to Kuching and I wish I would have stayed there longer.

Back then in 2005, I put into my schedule of places to visit and authentic things to try in Kuching. Among many things on my list was the Bako National Park since I am so into national parks and wonders of nature. Some of my career decisions were made based on these reasons alone. Example, Botany and Mulu. In my life, I always think that it would have been something amiss if I didn't go to check out the flora and fauna of any unique places that I came to visit.

So my friend and I went to Bako National Park and the Semenggoh Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre with a rented Proton Saga which we paid RM100 a day. I drove the car all over the city. The road was not so difficult to maneuver. In Bako, we took an impromptu jungle trekking, choosing the shortest distance possible just to have a feel of the place. So we took the 1 half hours trek that goes to a beautiful bay, Teluk Pandan Besar. It was so nice but unfortunately, we didn’t know how to get down to the beautiful secluded beach down below. It's just an appreciation of a scenic sandy bay overlooking the South China Sea. I wish I could just jump the cliff!

I would not forget the boat ride experience of Bako. It’s all bouncy, reverberated, wavy and wet. I love it to pieces as it gives me that kind of adrenaline rush. What a happy feeling I had. All soaked from head to toe. Then we bought our tickets and off we go to do the trekking as what I have described above.

Now back to the rainforest of Santubong. It’s totally another unique experience. The much anticipated event in my ‘this year’ list. I went there with high hopes and expectations. Of course most of my friends, whom I intended to go with, can’t make it. I managed to get an old friend to get interested, so off we go.

Instead of going with my usual free spirited friends on a loose. I was tamed by going with a friend and her family which included with them one small kid of 4 year-old. She's a bubbly kid with great enthusiasm for life. Her name is CINTA or LOVE in English. True to her name, everyone who came to be in contact with her, will immediately fall in love with her. It was totally a different atmosphere and style chilling out with this family. I enjoyed the experience and it makes me see things through a different perspective. Thanks to all of them.

*Here are some of the photos of my memorable journey to Kuching and Santubong. Words can’t describe a moment that is within your heart (:
*will upload photos later.

The eyes see and the heart feels. A thousand words unspoken because it is better left that way. Let it be instilled in the memory of thee and me.

Adios!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...