Saturday, April 04, 2009

Guerrilla Gardening



This is real cool. I would give the news 10 out of 10. I love it! Love it! Love it!

I would say, I first got the video from my friend's blog, Mushtaq Ali, a Marshall Art Guru in the United State. He's an awesome person, which I always admire :)

This is a video about a new revolution of young hearts who wanted to make a difference to this world. A group of people who wanted to contribute to the betterment of our condition of living and who had proven that they have done a commendable thing that should be a great example to the rest of us.

I am truly touched and inspired by this group, Guerrilla Gardening. It was founded by Richard Reynolds since 2004. You may see all the videos of Guerrilla Gardening around the world in his blog. It was very impressive. And a story of an old grandma who picks up rubbish in the park. What an awesome grandma! I am truly impressed. God bless her.

In Malaysia, we may not need to do this kind of Guerrilla Gardening because we already have beautiful greenery all over our cities and town. And our authorities are very strict in terms of the landscaping which we had Landscaping Department under the Town Planner to handle the matter. But still, I support fully gardening in everyone's home and office buildings. We still need to fight the filth. Malaysian needs to be more aware of littering habits like throwing ciggarette buts out of a car window. I just hate that! Most of my friends are doing it like it's just okay because it's the norm. I would rather filth my car, than the environment!

I have written earlier about Malaysian littering nature in this posting. Please have a look as you may learn something from it. But it was written in Bahasa Malaysia, so not all will understand :)

Plants makes our living space more bearable. It soothes the eyes and the soul. Hard to explain but it does that to me :)

"LET'S FIGHT THE FILTH WITH FORK AND FLOWER" - Richard Reynolds

"LET'S STOP FIGHTING AND START DIGGING. MAKE THIS WORLD GREEN" - Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...