Sunday, March 08, 2009

Tell me... Why do you love me?

They say, friendship is like wine. It appreciates throughout time. Likewise, friendship too appreciate throughout time. The longer it is the better it feels and the more valuable it becomes.

I was blessed with great friendships of diverse nature. True friendship is of course hard to find, once you found it, it is PRICELESS.

A true friend won't be judgmental of you. They will stand by your side through thick and thin. They have no reasons to be your friend. It's like when people ask you, "Why do you love me?". If the answer is because of your beautiful eyes, your long hair, your smooth skin and etc of thousands other reasons, then he/she does not love you for real. You don't need a reason to love. Love with reasons won't last. Once the reasons ran out, the love is gone. Huhuhu....

I am talking friendship here. Friendship involves love too. A different kind of love. It takes time to build up true friendship. My philosophy is that, friendship has to be earned by merit. It has to be tested. Friendship and acquaintanceship are totally two different type of relationship. Acquaintanceship is someone you know or befriended for certain reason. A simple know you or know me kind of thingy. A relationship that has no deep meaning. I had many of those too . So does everyone else, I presume :)

In friendship, there are certain levels. You might want to categorise it as 'best friend', 'good friend' or just a mere 'friend'. These people complement your life in many ways. There are friends that are good for activities, there are friends that are good for confession, there are friends that are good for being helpful. Only you can tell which one is which. In regardless of which category they fall, all of them are equally important in one's life.

My Goodness, I could go on and on about this subject in many ways. I am writing this piece because I feel so grateful having all my friends who supported me throughout my journey in this life of evanescent. I feel gifted to have people who I could share my joy and my sorrow. It brings meaning to my existance. Nobody in this world should live alone. Every human being needs another human being to communicate or you will be called a pyschopath.

I had great time chilling out with my ex-colleagues lately. The photo above is of Jazs, Awang and myself. They were my colleagues during my employment in Taman Botani Putrajaya and Taman Wetland Putrajaya. What a magical meeting we had. What a life changing experience for us. I am glad for these two great personality for their company lately. A friendship can help you build up a better life. We learn from each other and hopefully we don't abuse this good relationship for many more years to come.

I have many other important friends in my life which I did not mention here. I cherish and value each one of them truly. Everyone is special in their own way.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:37 pm

    Hi Liza, how's life been treating you? You are blessed with all the friends and family around you, lucky you. Well, you must be doing something right. Friends are forever, not only diamonds. Even when friends move away or are gone forever, they are still your friends, but not diamonds. Cheers.
    Fleming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mr. Fleming,

    Long time never hear. Am so glad that you still read my blog. You are one of my most loyal reader :) Yes I have been blessed with friends and family which I made a point to be thankful to Allah every single day. I am doing great and living life to the fullest :)

    How have you been? I hope life is treating you well. Keep in touch, ok. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...