Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Road Not Taken


Bamboo tree of Kenaboi jungle in Negeri Sembilan

The Road Not Taken
by Robert Frost 1874-1963)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I have this mood today for reading poems. Lots of poems of old and new. You just pick any subject that suits you for free in the world-wide-web. Sometimes I like to read classical master pieces and my true favourite is Emily Bronte (1818-1849) because she wrote Wuthering Heights. A famous classical novel but very sad one. Reading it was like pain itself. You got what I mean :)

It is her one and only novel in her 31-year short lifespan. However, she was a very gloomy person living in a gloomy world. I wouldn't want to attract gloomy spirits into my life. This is according to The Law of Attraction. We all are our own destiny. We choose what we want in life. You wish and the universe will conspire to make it happen for you. Hahaha... Some of you might understand what I'm talking about.

Just to share with all my loyal and new readers in blogspot and multiply, this ever famous poem which has been a source of inspiration to many of us in this world. Here is the complete text of The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...