Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane


Jaafar Onn & Haiza


Haiza, myself and Jaafar

Everyone said to me, I was crazy to climb Bukit Tabur in the middle of the night during fasting month and to come back the next morning at 4.30 am and then straight going to work. Really crazy, isn't it. Hahaha... well that's what makes this life more interesting. To do crazy and memorable thing. I think, my thing indeed :) Haha...

So eight of us, a team of outdoor enthusiasts went that night to satisfy our thirst for madness. I will write about the climb in detail in my next posting. For now, I am interested to write about my dear friends Jaafar and Haiza.

I've known Jaafar during my rein as the PR, Marketing & Special Events Officer in Taman Botani Putrajaya. A place which has my great love and so many beautiful memories. Jaafar was our favourite artiste to perform in most of our corporate family days done by big companies, factories and government agencies in Putrajaya area. It was in late 2005. Why he was a favourite? Well I would say, Jaafar has a very friendly character, courteous and knows how to handle big crowd of people of different races and background. All who knows him will concur that he is an entertainer and a performer.

My encounter with Haiza was before I met with Jaafar Onn in person. It was in early 2005 when I was just about to fly off for another adventure in life. We were in a charity project of promoting a dangdut album for a good cause. I've written about it before in my blog. You can read it here. At that time, my friend called me up to help him in a dangdut project for the royalty of Kedah. The organisation we were to help is called PERSATUAN BENCANA ALAM NEGERI KEDAH or P-BANK in short. It was under the patronage of Sultan of Kedah and run by his brother and beautiful wife, Tengku Bendahara Kedah. I was acting their PR & Communication Manager for that particular project.

The project was a success. Every unit of an album sold, RM5 will go to P-BANK fund to help the victim of natural disaster in Kedah State. It was a noble gesture by a noble royalties. However, I was offered a better job with Taman Botani Putrajaya, so I left P-BANK for my greater passion in life, i.e. NATURE :)

Well... It's true when people say that this world is small. Never make enemies, for you will meet each other one day, no matter where you are. Oh dear... God forbid this from happening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...