Saturday, January 07, 2006

"Methinks this heart..."

Methinks this heart should rest awhile
So stilly round the evening falls
The veiled sun sheds no parting smile
Nor mirth nor music wakes my Halls

I have sat lonely all the day
Watching the drizzly mist descend
And first conceal the hills in grey
And then along the valleys wend

And I have sat and watched the trees
And the sad flowers how drear they blow
Those flowers were formed to feel the breeze
Wave their light leaves in summer's glow

Yet their lives passed in gloomy woe
And hopeless comes its dark decline
And I lament because I know
That cold departure pictures mine

~Emily Jane Bronte~

I chose this poem because it's just perfect to describe the weather in the garden. Drizzling since morning, raining cats and dogs last night keeping me in the jam for three hours. By the time I was home, my mood was so bad, I don't even have an appetite to eat my dinner.

So today the whole garden seems like in the state of mourning. I don't know. I just don't feel cheerful today. Whom to blame when my spirits are down? Blame it on the weather? I don't know.

These feelings are hard to explain. It reminds me of the Bronte's sisters which is so sad and so melancholic. The poem says it all perfectly.





4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:17 pm

    Cik Liza,

    Drizzling is not that bad compared to floods or earthquake . In fact, all the plant in Taman Botani must be looking forward to it .

    So, cheer up please.

    Here wishing you a belated "happy new year" and peace on earth.

    Fleming.

    ps. Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:57 pm

    Hi Liza, It's one of those days huh...cheer up. The sun will soon re-appear and cast its glorious light on your flowers and spirit soon!! Cheers

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fleming,

    Thank you for your well wishes. It's never too late to wish me Happy New Year. The same goes to you. Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha (that is if you are celebrating). Now I feel so ungrateful. In fact Hari Raya Aidiladha is a time whereby people are more grateful, more giving and more sharing especially to the unfortunate. What've I been thinking about?

    Anyway, I am more positive today and am ready to celebrate my Hari Raya Aidiladha tomorrow (although I actually have to work). It's not my style to brood for so long.

    Hi Janet,

    I am so happy to see you here. You remind me of our days in Mediahouse. I miss it so much. Yeah, it's one of those gloomy days.

    Anyway, that was yesterday. Today I'm back to my usual self. Chris is back from Sarawak. Yeaa... what a joy. I've been feeling so very lonely lately. Everybody seems to go away somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Bronte..wow! Am impressed..cool blo..soothing layout !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...