Thursday, December 01, 2005

Uniquely Singapore

The National Orchid Garden of Singapore


Malaysia and Singapore have always been in a love-hate kind of situation ever since Tunku Abdul Rahman great decision in letting it go its separate way. This has always been an issue. I will not want to elaborate on that matter. You will have to read both sides of the stories in order the understand the complicated situation at that moment of time.

I just got back from the Discover Malaysia Fair 2005 at the Suntec City, Singapore. I was there for five days last week for a 3-day exposition in promoting Putrajaya as one of the tourist new attractions. It's been a very hectic three days of my life because it started at 10.00 a.m. and ended up at 9.30 p.m. everyday. However, it's been a memorable trip that I enjoyed. A few things that I will never forget such as trying to go back to Johor Bahru for late dinner and then back again to Singapore the same night via Woodlands. Wow! That was amazing with the traffic jam and all. I wonder how many Malaysian could bare the jam in Woodlands' checking point? How could they bare working in Singapore and living in Malaysia? The jam is just too massive and horrible to me.
Anyway, I am glad that everything ended up not as bad as I thought it would be. All the hassle and bustle of the exposition and the problem with my cellphone which almost cost me so dearly has finally been resolved.

The only thing I like about Singapore is the greeneries. The trees are matured and big enough to give lots of shades to the motorists and pedestrians. It gives you the pleasant feeling while walking by the streets even in the afternoon when it's supposed to be very hot. I like the road as well because there's not many cars and there's no huge highways that are confusing like in Malaysia.

I went to Singapore Botanic Garden on my last day before going back to Malaysia on 28th Nov'05. My father used to tell me about the garden which is why I wanted to go and visit. I am now working with the Botanic Garden in Putrajaya and it makes it even vital for me to see all the botanical gardens in the world. I hope I could do that as time goes by. My love for plants and nature obviously comes from my parents whom both are into horticulture. I still can't believe that I am now working with something that I truly love doing. It's like a dream comes true working in a beautiful garden. A pleasure to my eyes everyday of my working days which helps me to forget my tiredness sometimes. Some people might not understand this passion of mine. How I wish I could just share the feeling of tranquility that I am feeling at the moment :)

The Eco Garden - The Wetland
I just can't help myself with the cute tree. It looks so cuddly for hugs :) And the black swans are very 'jinak'. It won't run away when you go near them.

Dragon Boat Grand Competition @ Singapore River

I was lucky to see the Dragon Boat Grand Competition along the Singapore River after my lunch at a place called Clarke Quay. Nice view. Truly something worth to be seen. I saw so many teams were competing for the race. The whole bunch of them are crowding the place. They really took it seriously. Going through the MRT for the first time in my life was an interesting experience because I hardly use the public transportation nowadays. I haven't tried the monorail or the ERL services even in Malaysia but I got to try the MRT in Singapore. That was interesting. The system is quite efficient as it goes to all the shopping malls.

Well, okay I have to stop now. My posting will not be so often from now on because I hardly have time to do anything else but work. Like my friend said, "kerja sampai mati ke?" Hahaha.... well, I give myself another year to work like this. I might be thinking of slowing down in year 2007.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 pm

    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
    — Hal Borland (Mr. Z)

    ReplyDelete
  2. liza, bila nak bawak kita jln2 ke tmn botani awak....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I would love to drop by at your Taman Botani and see if there's any way we could highlight the beauty of it. Our team is all ready for any possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liza great posting...if only we could do what the Singaporean did in keeping it up always in great condition.. I have visited Putra Jaya many times, the maintenance is just poor, hope you and your gang could maintain our Botanical Garden in AA condition all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hal Borland (Mr. Z)- Thank you for that lovely descriptions.

    Sue - datanglah bila-bila masa pun, tapi kena call me first because I sometimes I might not be in the garden. I'll show you the wonders of Taman Botani Putrajaya.

    Amir - That's a good idea. If you are interested, I am always game for it. Recently we had a TV3 new production entitled 'Jom Jalan-Jalan' hosted by Maria Tg. Sabri. Give me your email, okay.

    Pak Idrus - Insyaallah, we all try our very best.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...