Thursday, November 03, 2005

I MISS MY PUBLIC HOLIDAY


On Deepavali Day in the Vine Garden

We are so lucky that our country is peaceful with no hatred between races and religions. This has allowed us to celebrate almost every cultural and religious festivities with the spirit of solidarity. We have seen the worst of each other during the 13th May incident and now we are a wiser community who understand each others' culture better as years gone by.

I don't understand why other countries could not do that? Why do they have to descriminate? Why do they feel superior than others? Why do they have to harm each other? What are they thinking? The glory of this world will go down to waste. Great achievements that could have been achieved will only be a distance dream. Time is wasted with unnecessary thing like war.

Well okay, I've been feeling lucky despite of the fact that I am no longer working like normal people nowadays; to be able to work in a multi racial working environment with good balance of the Malay, Chinese and Indian. I do miss some of the things I used to enjoy while working in Bandar Utama and Taman Tun area but well this is life. You win some and you lose some.

I got to wear Panjabi's suit during Deepavali and so did others in my work place. The Malays wore Saries and Panjabi suits for the jovial of Deepavali celebration in the garden. It was worth every effort, that everybody seemed to enjoy themselves including the visitors who took our photos. I called up the media to cover a story on our garden. This gave a boost in the staffs' morale after their hard work as well as it's a good way to promote the garden to the public who do not know of our existance. I'll be writing more about the garden in later postings.

We did our own 'kolum' to welcome the visitors to Taman Botani. Kolum is an ancient Indian art form (as shown on the photos below). It was made of intricate arrangement of coloured rice grains placed on a floor usually infront of an entrance to welcome visitors. It looks simple but trust me it's not. I saw them doing it meticalously bit by bit following the pattern drawn on the floor with white chalk. The price was I got them to be on TV the day of Deepavali. There will be more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...