Friday, November 04, 2005

FIRST DAY OF HARI RAYA

I have to admit to everybody that it sucks working on the first and second day of Hari Raya. Even though my house is not so far away like in Kedah or Johor, I still feel that I miss the most important day of my life yesterday.

Early in the morning I met my father (kissed his hand and gave him a peck on both cheeks because I knew I won’t be able to celebrate with him when he comes home from Hari Raya Prayer). I left to work immediately after seeing my mother who was busy in the kitchen. I missed my brother and sisters who came later on to see my parents before they all went off to their respective spouses’ hometown yesterday after Raya Prayer.

I got home at around 8.30 p.m. with stomach discomfort, feeling nauseated and disheartened. Blame it to the sorrow of having to miss my first day of Hari Raya and the bad catering food I had at the workplace. I went straight to bed after greeting my parents. They haven’t said it but I knew how unhappy they were with my working situation at the moment.

I haven’t said my Hari Raya wish to my elders or gave away the money packets to my nephews and nieces yet. That, I miss really much; to be able to kiss each and everyone’s cheeks while little heads bow and kiss my hand. That’s the Malay culture on the first day of Hari Raya or Eid. The younger people will kiss the hands of their elders, wishing them ‘Selamat Hari Raya’ and finally ask forgiveness from them. Once a year, you will be able to forgive and forget.

Thank you for everyone who has given me Hari Raya wishes. I understand that nowadays people no longer send greeting cards. I have to remind some of you for not wishing me at all. Where are you guys? I am so upset that you all have forgotten me altogether. Not to mention my birthday too! I’ve been away for only about two months and already you all have forgotten about me.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:15 pm

    Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri and
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a belated one).

    Fleming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.... thank you Mr. Fleming. That's very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. liza, awak kerja pagi raya ke..
    sorry lupa nak wish Happy Belated B-day... wish raya je kat awak aritu.. :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...