Saturday, October 29, 2005

HAPPY DEEPAVALI & SELAMAT HARI RAYA


I would like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a Happy Deepavali and Selamat Hari Raya. Once again the Muslims and Hindus are celebrating our respective festival almost at the same time this year, i.e. a day in between.

Let us take this rare occasion to celebrate together and stay united. Let us show the rest of the world that people in Malaysia could still live in harmony and liking each other in regardless of our differences.

Tomorrow is Deepavali, I will be working as usual because there is no such thing as public holiday for me starting this year onwards. And I will be working on the first day of Hari Raya as well. Somehow it does not bother me much because all of my relatives are in KL and Selangor area. I could always see them after work and I will make sure to ask forgiveness from my parents and siblings in the morning of Hari Raya before going off to work.

Looking at the bright sight, I will be spending meaningful Hari Raya with the rest of my staff in Botani Garden. Some of them are from Sabah and Sarawak which makes it even harder for them. We are going to have our own celebration together in the garden. I will be bringing them the kuih raya and the ketupat from my house so that they will feel like real Hari Raya.

For Deepavali tomorrow everybody is going to wear Indian Costume. I've bought mine yesterday :) I feel so wonderful and I can't wait to wear it. It's going to be fun and wonderful for everyone.

Well ok, till then, have a nice Deepavali and Hari Raya.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:08 pm

    do u have photo of u in sari ?

    rgds
    same guy
    gunshead@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...