Tuesday, October 18, 2005

BE GOOD


Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis

Alright, I know I’ve been neglecting my blog for quite awhile now. It’s not because of lack in ideas; it’s just that I am juggling my time in between my work and my family. My life is changing and I am adjusting to it. I am terribly sorry to those who regularly frequented my blog and got disappointed to see the same posting over and over again.

I’ve started working full time again for almost a month now. I am no longer involved with the entertainment world or doing any freelancing stuff as I mentioned earlier. I just figured it out that it didn’t fit me to be in that world. I don’t belong there. I believe in fate and that is what I followed. For those who are curious to know why I posted things about Hibiscus, Mickey Mouse plant and Tunbergia, well it is because I am now working in a botanical garden somewhere in Putrajaya (Malaysia’s Federal Government Centre). My new job requires me to work on Saturday and Sunday on a rotating basis which explained why I haven’t updated my blog as often as I would have. It is surprisingly a challenging job, not as simple as I anticipated which of course just perfect for me. I hate anything simple.

If not pushed by certain people, I wouldn’t have written anything until Ramadhan ends. I feel that this holy month which is very special is a time whereby we all need to stay low. I deeply feel that this is a month whereby we would like to reassess our past and our future. Be more spiritual and closer to Allah s.w.t. As a Muslim, this is a time for us to see good in everything. I feel the need to be good and think good.

However blogging is a good thing to share my thoughts and concerns although I have to admit that I filtered some of it in order to be respectful towards others. I saved my worst thoughts for certain people to read. You will not find it in my blog. That’s one of the etiquettes of good manners in blogging. We shouldn’t write anything that will cause damage to a person or a country. We must keep our peace.

Following the bad news of the world lately, it terrifies me to see so much disasters, so much violence, so much hatred and misunderstanding within our world. This is really sad, like the world is coming to its end. I stopped myself from seeing all these for it depressed me. I wouldn’t want to write anything that will give me further depression.

When your stomach is empty, your mind becomes active. It makes you more alert and think better. Fasting teaches us to empathise with the suffering of the poor and the less fortunate. Now, having said that, here are some of the good things that we could do for those who suffer:

MERCY Malaysia is appealing to the public to send only cash donations. Cheque contributions can be made out to MERCY Humanitarian Fund. Donations can also be deposited directly into MERCY Malaysia Maybank Account No. 5621 7950 4126. All donations to the MERCY Humanitarian Fund are tax exempted.

or

Donors can send their cheque or cash to the MRCS Headquarters at Jalan Nipah off Jalan Ampang or the NSTP at Jalan Riong or TV3 at Bandar Utama. Cheques should be made out to the “Malaysian Red Crescent Society with the words “South Asia Earthquake” written at the back or bank in into MRCS Account Maybank No – 5144 2210 37 – 88. Donations to the MRCS are entitled to tax relief.

"There has come to you Ramadaan, a blessed month, in which Allah has made it obligatory to fast. During it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hellfire are closed, and the rebellious devils are chained. In it is a night (Laylatul-Qadr) which is better than a thousand months. He who is deprived of its good truly has been deprived."

(An-Nasaa'ee, authenticated in Takhreej al-Mishkaat) Reported by al-Tabaraani, 7/267; Saheeh al-Jaami`, no. 6344.


5 comments:

  1. Kak liza,

    Last week Dato' Dr. Abdul Razak Kechik drop by to MSQH Office. Dia bagi tau yang Global Peace akan buka site office @one of the rural area kat Pakistan. So dia minta we all kalau buleh tolong donates. Tak kira lah aper-ape pun. But, katanya kalau bule dia nak blanket!...... Weather kat sana sejuk sangat sekarang ni katanya. So macam biasa dia dah ada perancangan nak bukak Orphanage macam yang dia bukak kat Acheh.

    Web Global Peace Malaysia : www.keamanan.net

    PEACE>>>>>>>>>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dearest Nana. I really appreciate you telling me about this. Dato' Dr. Razak memang seorang yang berhati mulia.

    I will spread the news and write about it soon. Kirim salam kat dia for me, ok. Tell him good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting.. So, which dept are you working with now??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in PR,Communications and Special Events. Different industry but the same thing and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh.. interesting. Just what want to know more. Which industry now? May I know?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...