Thursday, August 25, 2005

TRIBUTE TO WOMEN OF MALAYSIA



“In every successful man, there is a woman behind him”.

This is the motto played on Radio 4, Traxx FM in conjunction of the National Woman Day today.

Yup, you guys out there better do something for your woman. They say behind every successful man, there is a woman silently supporting him. Now do something special for her. Buy a present, take her out for a movie, dinner, shopping or whatever to show that you care and appreciate her.

It’s not hard to please a woman. Not necessarily expensive jewelleries to make us happy. Money can’t buy happiness or love. Haven’t you heard of that? The best thing is your sincerity and effort that counts. Woman will treat you better if you know how to make her happy. Read the book, “Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus” by John Grey and then you’ll know better how to interpret her.

Enough lecturing; now I want to share brief stories of each and every one of my ladies friend that matter most at the moment:

Aya… The most fragile, soft like tofu, easily broken but hey nobody is perfect, she’s my best friend :)

Bibi… The best friend in the world, beautifully gentle, but don’t be deceived by her gentleness, she went out hiking with me often. I have known her since my first year at the university.

Chris… Wise and intelligent, my ex-colleague, my most loyal companion and a good friend.

Malis …. Workaholic, most energetic, strong and dynamic; my junior and ex-roommate at the university, I think of her like my real sister.

Mona…. Beautifully exotic with piercing eyes, my companion through most adventures I had in the jungle, also my best friend since first year at the university.

Nana …. My ex-colleagues, understandable, beautifully cute, headstrong but has a big heart; also like a little sister to me.

Sue…. The cutest of all… good hearted and she was my classmate during matriculation.

Vaffa… Diligent, inspiring, hard working and knowledgeable. She’s my equal.

These are all the wonderful women who had established a strong friendship with me that can never be weathered by time. I admired each and every one of them.

HAPPY WOMAN DAY TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE…

5 comments:

  1. where's yr tribute to your mum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Golf Addix,

    First time coming here? Thank you for dropping by and leave a comment. I really appreciate it.

    Well, I knew someone will remind me of not paying tribute to my mother of all the woman in the world. Well... actually I am not writing her name here because she is IT illiterate and she does not read my blog. The posting was dedicated especially to my ladies friend.

    However, she knows how much I love her because I live with her everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aik.. nama kita pun ada.. mengampu ke ni... heheh, gurau je.. thks liza !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaams

    Personally, I think the idea that 'behind every man there is a good woman' (or whatever version of this aphorism you prefer) is a bit sexist. Why not behind every successful woman is a good man? And why should a woman's identity be subservient to a man's success. Why can't she be a success in her own right?

    The Qur'an declares that husband and wife are partners...

    "They (your wives) are your garment and you are a garment for them." (2:187)

    Wasalaam

    Yakoub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalammualaikum Yakoub,

    Hi Yakoub, how are you? Nice to see you here :)

    Well, I’m sorry if you think that what I have written here is sexist. To tell you the truth, I always believe that man and woman should live hand in hand; respecting each other because we definitely can’t live without the other, that’s in the context of human relations (husband and wife, brothers and sisters, children and parents or even friendships).

    Okay, nowadays with the evolution of single parenthood and staying single by choice, women should have said to be successful by their own as well as men. The phrase ‘in every successful man, there is a woman behind’ is only a tribute to women to show some appreciation to their sacrifices and supports. The reason why they created Women's Day; to amuse us the gentle creatures :) Sometimes you need to say it out loud to make it clear like the word ‘I love you’. You know when a person loves you but still you need that person to say it out loud once in a while :)

    No doubt that Islam is a religion that stated this clearly in the Quran. Only we human failed to understand the true nature of the teaching as seen in many Islamic countries whereby there is oppression to women’s rights.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...