Sunday, June 26, 2005

LET'S DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY

The moment I entered the lounge, “Hi glad to see you again” The Mat Salleh with sweaty palms speaking to me. I said “Oh, hi.” He seemed so happy to see me. Well, could have been because we met the other night at the club. I ignored him that night and pretended like I didn’t see him. I proceeded to enter the room, introduced myself to all the people present. There was another Mat Salleh. His name is Steve, quite old and chubby, probably an American (from his accent). Well, not a bad crowd.

“Hi Liza, you are not early today?” Someone shouted at me from behind. “Every time I’m early nobody is around anyway” I told my instructor. She’s a very pleasant lady, beautiful in an exotic kind of way. She’s dark, slim and tall. Good at what she's doing and I admired her for that.

I seated myself beside the Sweaty Palms. The only vacant place anyway. Oh dear, I hope I don’t have to partner with him. “Did you go to the club the other night?” He asked me. “Yeah I did, but only for a short while. I left 30 minutes later.” I told him. I knew he was there but I asked anyway. “Did you go?”. He said, “Yes I did. Actually my place is only a walking distance from the club. I just need to walk a few minutes to get there.” “Oh really! Well where is your place actually?”, I asked him. He answered, “I stay somewhere at the back of the building, let me give you my card so that you could call me if you happened to go there”. He gave me his name card. So, he’s a consultant and working here for a few months at times. He has an office at the Berjaya Times Square and he lives at the apartment above the building. It is a very impressive new business complex with service apartments on top. Just to play safe and to be polite, I told him that I don’t have my name card with me. In truth, I don’t want to give him my number.

“How long have you been here?”, I asked him. “I’ve been here just recently, not even a month and I am leaving soon”. Then we chatted on just to kill the time. He told me that he’s from UK (he won a point from me; I love his accent if not his person). He said he’s working here for a few months at intervals. He told me that his wife who had died was a Columbian (why is he telling me this!) And he said he came here just to improve his skill to proof to his wife’s side of family that he could do it. Blah blah blah…… I was relieved when the instructor called us in.

That was a scene on the fourth week of my salsa class :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:37 pm

    bila nak ajak i dancing...queen of salsa...
    from king of mambo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. King of Mambo, I nak ajak but couldn't get hold of you. Kenapa no. tel. lama dah tak boleh guna lagi?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My mind says:

  • "I CHOOSE TO LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS MINE"
  • If it's not you, who else!
  • Love your country. Keep it SAFE & GREEN...